Chronic Kidney Disease and End Stage Renal Disease Therapeutic Options
Southland Renal Medical Group provides comprehensive consultations for patients with both acute and chronic renal disease. Our program offers patient education resources, coordination of care, and recommendations for diagnosis and treatment of the following conditions:
- Acute kidney injury
- Chronic kidney disease
- Acid base disorders
- Electrolyte disorders
- Kidney stones
- Inherited kidney disease
- Polycystic kidney disease
- End stage renal disease
- Kidney transplant
- Second opinions
Our knowledgeable team can help you navigate all types of kidney diseases and disorders. Please contact us for an appointment.
Late Chronic Kidney Disease and end stage renal disease options
We also offer comprehensive consultations for patients with late-stage chronic kidney disease progressing to end stage renal disease. These include early selection of renal replacement options, including second opinions regarding hemodialysis. Contact us for:
- In-center hemodialysis
- Nocturnal hemodialysis
- Home hemodialysis
- Peritoneal dialysis
- Conservative medical management
Nephrology-integrated care model
Our team works with other facilities and physicians to form an Integrated Care Model that addresses multiple issues so that the patient receives the very best treatment possible. We have partnered with others many times to share expertise and provide care that is outstanding in every way. Some of the facilities we have partnered with include nephrology clinics, area hospitals, dialysis units, and transplant centers.
An Integrated Approach
In this model, you can expect the following:
- A team of professionals dedicated to assisting patients as their care is provided at various levels within the nephrology continuum
- A team of professionals dedicated to coordinating care of patients as it is provided for non-nephrology–related items, such as specialty care, outpatient hospital care, dietary services, social services, pharmaceutical benefits, and home health care
- A team of professionals dedicated to prompt post-hospital services designed to ensure quality and limit readmissions
- An electronic medical record that is unique in its ability to integrate the care provided throughout the health care delivery system, including office, hospitals, and dialysis facilities
- An electronic medical record that provides for a patient portal, which allows patients to email our physicians, review their laboratory results, confirm appointments, renew medications, etc.
- Educational programs designed to assist patients in preventive health and health maintenance
- Assistance with insurance consultation, coordination of benefits, and authorization verification
- Documentation and coding specialists
- Friendly staff available to answer all questions or concerns
Get in Touch with us
An integrated approach is the best form of care, and we have no problem inviting other expert physicians to be a part of our model for outstanding medical service. Working alongside other professionals helps make sure the patient is receiving the type of care that will help them manage their disease or issue in the best way possible. We enjoy providing this type of comprehensive care, and we are fully dedicated to doing it whenever it’s appropriate for our patients—or for our medical partners.
The best way to begin addressing any kidney issue or renal disease is to start with a consultation and learn more about the best approach to treatment. Contact our main office by phone to get started. Visit our Contact page for details on how to get in touch.